Banjara AS (hereafter “PenguinUp”, “App” , “we”, “our”) is the sole owner of the information that is collected from you as a User of the App. We don’t sell, rent or share this information with any other person unless mentioned in this agreement.
In order to be a User of the App, you will have to provide some information about you which will help us identify or contact you.
Information that you give us –
- Your Full Name
- Your Email Address
- Your Mobile number
- Your Gender
- Your Profile picture (optional)
- Your password (encrypted)
- If applicable, Groups you join, request to join, request to create
- If applicable, Rides you create
- If applicable, Vehicle information
- If applicable, Ratings you receive and give
Information that we collect from you –
- IP Address
- Your location if you allow location access
- If another user complaints about you, this information will be stored in our database
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the websites that you visit and are stored on your device’s internal memory.
PenguinUp does not use these “cookies” explicitly. However, the app may use third party code and libraries that use “cookies” to collect information and improve their services. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this App.
Why do we collect this information?
- Personal information is collected to add credibility to your profile so that others feel safe sharing a ride with you. It also helps us in putting you in touch with other users if you are matched with them.
- Your first name and mobile number are shared through a private SMS in case you are matched with someone. This is to facilitate coordination.
- If allowed, your current location is asked to avoid the hassle of typing the entire address if you want to use your current location for a ride.
- Information about Rating is used to follow up and resolve disputes or issues.
How long will the information be stored?
- The information you provide will remain on the app for as long as the App exists or unless you specifically ask us to delete it.
Where is the information stored?
- Google Cloud System
How can you delete your information?
- Send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org requesting us to delete all the information connected to your account. We will delete your account and the data related to it within 7 working days.